Duration: 2 or 3 days
Course Objectives and Benefits
This type specific ECDIS training course provides the trainees with specific knowledge of the functionality and effective use of the FURUNO ECDIS.
- Familiarisation with available functions
- familiarisation with the menu structure
- Display setup
- Setting safety value
- Route planning
- Route monitoring
- Recognition of alarm and malfunction
- indicators and the actions to be taken
- Changing over to backup systems
- Loading and updating of charts and licenses
- Updating software
The course is concluded with a compulsory test and, if passed, a certificate is issued. The certificate confirms the successful completion of the type specific ECDIS course.
Who Should Attend
Active navigators who have already received generic ECDIS training (IMO 1.27 Model Course), who are operating a FURUNO ECDIS today or planning to operate one in the future.