Oil Spill Response Limited (OSRL) is pleased to announce the appointment of Robert Limb as the Company’s new Chief Executive, effective from 5 April 2013. This follows the departure of outgoing CEO Archie Smith who looks to retirement after 18 years' remarkable service with OSRL.
As incoming Chief Executive, Robert intends to focus on the following key deliverables during 2013:
- Global deployment of the Subsea Well Intervention Service (SWIS) to include establishment of new bases in Singapore, South Africa and Brazil.
- Establishment of the Global Dispersant Stockpile
- Delivery and deployment of the new Boeing 727 aircraft dispersant spray platform
- Deployment of the new UKCS Dornier surveillance aircraft
- Full integration of Clean Caribbean and Americas (CCA) into OSRL’s global operations
- Enhanced co-operation amongst the wider oil spill response community as an active member of the Global Response Network (GRN)
OSRL Chairman Jon Lay says, “The nature of oil spill response organisations has evolved significantly in recent years to meet the growing expectations of industry which has had to demonstrate increased responsiveness in light of the oil spill issues and challenges identified. Robert possesses a strong mix of knowledge, background and skills and we are fortunate to have found an individual of his calibre to carry on the outstanding work achieved during Archie’s tenure.”
OSRL welcomes Robert and wishes him every success in his role as the Company’s new Chief Executive.