Duration: 1 day
Course Objectives and Benefits
This course is intended to provide participants with an understanding of the structure and terms of the standard as well as the fundamentals of occupational health and safety and how these are applicable in the maritime industry. It also enhances participant awareness on related issues such as continual improvement, risk assessment, incorporation of the standard into an integrated management system and appropriate implementation as well as interpretation techniques.
• Introduction to occupational health and safety
• Typical OHS management system structure
• OHSAS 18001 – scope, defi nitions and requirements
• Accidents, incidents, near misses
• Risk management, loss prevention
• Risk assessment, hazard identifi cation and controls
• Continual improvement process
• Emergency preparedness
• Incorporation of the OHSAS 18001 standard into an integrated management system
• Implementation benefi ts and monitoring techniques
Who Should Attend
Marine personnel involved in the development and implementation of an occupational health and safety management system.